Sunday 17 November 2013

Sweet Soursop Punch!


SOURSOP! Image obtained from http://internettheories.blogspot.com/2012/09/soursop-and-cancer-cures.html
This fruit has to be the one of the most glorious ever created! On it's own it has a faintly sweet, earthy taste with a hint of tart. At it's peak of ripeness it's really not sour. Many believe in it for health benefits from the fruit and the leaves of it's tree. I'm all about the taste. Soursop doesn't need a lot of dressing up to be a star. No joke, this really satisfied cravings I didn't even know I had! With it's one of a kind mellow flavour and mild floral notes, it truly swept me off my feet and sent me on mini vacation with every serving.... I'm not going to say how many servings I had ;)

What you'll need:

  • 3 cups soursop (peel fruit and remove the million seeds inside)
  • 1 tin (395g) sweetened condensed milk
  • 2 packs (total of 500ml) evaporated milk
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla essence 
  • 2 cups ice
  • Blender













You only need a very small amount of vanilla. It does add to the taste but doesn't overwhelm the soursop flavour. Remember too that it's only a few ingredients so the quality of each will shine through... buy the best!

Put it all in a blender and let it go till it's smooth. What's left back can stay in the fridge. It will separate a bit after a while but will still be very good. If you really want a good presentation just put it in the blender again before serving.

You'll really enjoy this one.  I know I did. ;)

SOURSOP PUNCH



Remember, don't be intimidated in your kitchen... you're the boss!

No comments:

Post a Comment